Support for instruction, students and research: FALL 2023
Library Liaison: Katie Elson Anderson
Welcome to the Fall 2023 semester!
- I am available for library instruction sessions (in-person or virtual) which can be customized to the needs of the students and assignments. This might include a general introduction to library resources or a more specific focus on library databases and tools.
- There is an electronic classroom in the library that has 24 seats available, or I can come to your classroom.
- A course specific research guide will be created to accompany the instruction. Examples of these guides can be found at this link.
- Please contact me to arrange for instruction and/or a research guide for your courses.
- Phantom Citations (AI/ChatpGPT): The libraries have seen an increase in the number of questions regarding articles/citations for material that does not actually exist. The citations are usually in the correct format and rather convincing, with legitimate authors who write on the topic and peer-reviewed journals, but they appear to be AI created and do not exist.
- Explore a growing list of publishers whose journals offer reduced Article Processing Charges (APCs) for Open Access articles.
- Check out our new and trial databases.
- The library offers a number of workshops on a variety of topics including citation managers, databases, resources, data, privacy, local information and others.
- The library provides assistance and support for Readings Lists and Reserves
- Please consider applying for our Open and Affordable Textbooks Program
- There are several Library Tutorials that can be integrated into your course management software.
Please contact me with any questions, suggestions or requests regarding library resources and services.
Have a wonderful semester.
Katie Elson Anderson
856-477-3535 Text or Call
Library liaison to:
Department of Political Science
Department of Public Policy and Administration
School of Social Work
Sociology, Anthropology and Criminal Justice